Freedom of Information Request – 08/12
I refer to your email dated 9 April 2008 to the Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance) in which you sought access under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)
for copies of documents relating to:
‘ … records no matter how old, containing personal information about me ‘.
I note that you advised that the following records may be relevant in the search:
• Documents refer to an “independent commercial loss assessment agreed to during negotiations on the full privatization ofTelstra during September 2005 “.
• Telstra 3 sale taskforce file RMS0611 0233 in particular may be relevant.
I am authorised by the Secretary to grant or deny access to documents under the FOI Act.
Pursuant to section 24A of the FOI Act, I have decided to refuse access to the documents sought as they cannot be found or do not exist.
Reasons for decision
Section 24A of the FOI Act states that requests may be refused if all reasonable steps have been taken to fmd a document and the document cannot be found or does not exist. A copy
of section 24A is attached (for your information) at Attachment A.
The assessment that the documents you have requested access to cannot be found or do not exist is based on the following:\
- Finance did not have a role in the independent commercial loss assessment process related to the privatisation of Telstra. This process was managed by the then Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts. As such, Finance does not hold any records relating to this matter.
- Telstra 3 sale taskforce file RMS06/110233 has been reviewed and does not contain any documents that refer to you or contain personal information about you.
- A search of Finance’s internal file database was conducted in reference to your name and no match was found.
I am satisfied that all reasonable steps have been taken to fmd the documents requested and that they cannot be found and/or do not exist.
This decision is subject to internal review under section 54 of the FOI Act. A statement of your review rights is attached at Attachment B. If you have any further questions relating to the Review, please contact Heidi Bums on 02 6215 2821.
Telstra 3 Share Offer